Based in Oslo, Norway
Windows, (Mac, Linux)
Through the Woods is a third-person Norse horror adventure set in a forest on the western shore of Norway about a mother and her missing son. Through reactive narration, you play the mother’s re-telling of the events surrounding her son's disappearance in a setting heavily inspired by Norse mythology and Norwegian folk tales. With Through the Woods, Antagonist have captured the feeling of the forest as they saw it as children, with all the frightening and mysterious feelings of roaming the woods alone. This is coupled with a powerful story and high quality sound design that acts as a core mechanic in the darkness of the forest. Through the Woods is a profound experience that explores loneliness and loss in a terrifying place.
Antagonist began full production of Through the Woods in January 2014. With the help of a successful Kicksterter and several generous government grants, the team are heading towards completeion in mid 2016.
- Explore stunning environments and experience stories inspired by Norse mythology, Norwegian art and nature
- Uncover dark tales of the past and present through reactive narration
- Creative use of light and darkness generates deceptive environments
- A frightening journey accompanied by beautiful and grim sound design
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Through the Woods. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Best in Play, GDC 2016" Gamasutra and GDC Organisers, March 2016
- "Sound of the Year" Norwegian Game Awards, 19 February, 2015
- "Scariest Moments in Game" CURSE Award, PAX Prime 2015
- "The Very Best Indie Games Of GDC 2015."
- Jeff Cork / Tim Turi, GameInformer.com
- "I dig what I’m seeing."
- Alice O'Connor, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Haven't heard of Through the Woods?"
- Eddie Makuch, GameSpot
Try the demo for Through the Woods
Check out our demo for Through the Woods! antagonist.no.
Follow our development blog to stay up to date! antagonist.no.
Visit our steam page! store.steampowered.com.
Antagonist is a small, independent game studio based in Oslo, Norway focusing on creating narrative-driven experiences with epic stories and great gameplay.
More information on Antagonist, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Through the Woods Credits
CEO, Sound Designer, Composer, Writer
Torje Dreng Andersen
Environment Artist, 3D Artist
Eirik R. A. Hanssen